Did you know that ......
1) One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University study:
2) Lack of water is the number 1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
3) Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
4) A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.
5) Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
all of the above are true....)
Of course, too much water may have strange side effects...... so don't get carried away!
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
A young Naval Officer was in a terrible car accident, but due to the heroics of the hospital staff the only permanent injury was the loss of one ear.Since he wasn't physically impaired he remained in the military and eventually became an Admiral. However, during his career he was always sensitive about his appearance.
One day the Admiral was interviewing two Navy Master Chiefs and a Marine Sergeant Major for his personal staff.
The first Master Chief was a Surface Navy type and it was a great interview. At the end of the interview the Admiral asked him, "Do you notice anything different about me?"
The Master Chief answered, "Why yes. I couldn't help but notice you are missing your starboard ear, so I don't know whether this impacts your hearing on that side." The Admiral got very angry at this lack of tact and threw him out of his office.
The next candidate, an Aviation Master Chief, when asked this same question, answered, "Well yes, you seem to be short one ear."
The Admiral threw him out also. The third interview was with the Marine Sergeant Major. He was articulate, extremely sharp, and seemed to know more than the two Master Chiefs put together. The Admiral wanted this guy, but went ahead with the same question."Do you notice anything different about me?" To his surprise the Sergeant Major said, "Yes. You wear contact lenses." The Admiral was impressed and thought to himself, what an incredibly tactful Marine. "And how do you know that?" the Admiral asked. The Sergeant Major replied, "Well sir, it's pretty hard to wear glasses when someone has only one ear."
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
This is an oldie but a goodie !!Due to a power cut, only one paramedic responded to the call.
The house was very dark so the paramedic asked Kathleen, a 3 -yr old
girl to hold a torch high over her mummy so he could see while he
helped deliver the baby.
Very diligently, Kathleen did as she was asked.
Heidi pushed and pushed and after a little while, Connor was born.
The paramedic lifted him by his little feet and spanked him on his
Connor began to cry.
The paramedic then thanked Kathleen for her help and asked the wide-
eyed 3 -yr old what she thought about what she had just witnessed.
Kathleen quickly responded, "He shouldn't have crawled in there in the
smack his arse again!"
hehehehehe......... Well I thought it was funny !