A load to swallow /A Cab Driver Lesson /Time Bank.

~~~
Yeah! this takes some believing ! that 'is' a whale ...which has it's
mouth engulfing this man and his canoe ......



I was sent this photo, I bet this canoeist had to get new underpants afterwards !

The photo was taken at the entrance to Katlian Bay at the end of the road in Sitka .
The whale is coming up to scoop up a mouthful of herring (the small fish seen at
the surface around the kayak). The kayaker is a local
Sitka Dentist. I haven't talked to
him yet, but haven't heard of any injuries he had suffered from the experience.

The kayaker's comments...
Yep, that is a whale that was just around the corner from the ferry terminal.
"Paddle real fast" is the only thing I could think of at the time. Well, apart from
the fact that I don't look like a herring and don't smell like a herring - I did have
the same instinct that I should "get the hell out of the way of that big mouth!
Still living to tell yet another story" .........

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

A lesson from a cab driver ... in customer satisfaction and expectation. Motivational speakers charge thousands of dollars to impart his kind of training to corporate executives and staff. It cost me a $12 taxi ride. I had flown into Dallas for the sole purpose of calling on a client. Time was of the essence and my plan included a quick turnaround trip from and back to the airport.

A spotless cab pulled up. The driver rushed to open the passenger door for me and made sure I was comfortably seated before he closed the door. As he got in the driver's seat, he mentioned that the neatly folded Wall Street Journal next to me for my use. He then showed me several tapes and asked me what type of music I would enjoy. Well! I looked around for a "Candid Camera!" Wouldn't you?

I could not believe the service I was receiving! I took the opportunity to say, "Obviously you take great pride in your work. You must have a story to tell." "You bet," he replied, "I used to be in Corporate America. But I got tired of thinking my best would never be good enough. I decided to find my niche in life where I could feel proud of being the best I could be. I knew I would never be a rocket scientist, but I love driving cars, being of service and feeling like I have done a full day's work and done it well. I evaluate my personal assets and... wham! I became a cab driver.

One thing I know for sure, to be good in my business I could simply just meet the expectations of my passengers. But, to be GREAT in my business, I have to EXCEED the customer's expectations! I like both the sound and the return of being 'great' better than just getting by on 'average'" Did I tip him big time? You bet! Corporate America's loss is the travelling folk's friend!

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

The Time Bank...... Imagine there is a bank that credits your account each morning with $ 86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course!

Each of us has such a bank. Its name is TIME. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no going back......

There is no drawing against the "tomorrow". You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and success! The clock is running. Make the most of today.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

The problem with troubleshooting is that trouble shoots back. –Author Unknown.
Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked. –Jeff Pesis.
Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don’t let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months. - Clifford Stoll.




Cheers from the land of the Tartan, Love Kate xxx.