Some things to make you smile ...


Hi There,

Just when it seemed that I was keeping to my diet so that I might actually fit into that 'Jacques Vert' suit I bought to wear at my nephew's wedding next month ... I now have no hope of wearing it, I will just have to conjure up a top to go with my black velvet skirt and wear that sob.. sob ... I even had the audacity to call at the 'Curves' exercise place down the road from us to find out the details of joining ..... a lot of good that did - these places cost a flippen fortune to use... £70 to join before you take your first jump inside!

Why is it that women when they hit their fifties and so on often pile on the pounds etc. even when all their lives they have been 'skinny minnies'- It just ain't fair! Mind you I have a nerve, last weekend was Mothering Sunday and 3 boxes of chocolates found their way winging towards my home looking for someone to enjoy them - Well...... I couldn't say no while they sat in the corner shouting 'eat me' - could I ?? Oh to hang I can always go on a diet for the next 3 weeks hehehe.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
You have to watch this 89 year old woman ...... with the car she has owned for 43 years! It is a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente and Rachel (the woman) says the car has lasted longer than any one of her 3 husbands, and she has had the car up to 120!! This woman has put over 540,000 miles on this one car with the original engine! She just returned from a trip to Pennsylvania for her 70th year high school reunion, driving over 3,000 miles on that trip, alone! She shows the receipt on what she paid for it, etc.... She's some woman, all these life-time guarantees too! There are no flies on her !!! Good on her!
Oh! And wait until you see why she isn't afraid, either. And you can't miss what she told them at the DMV when they renewed her driver's license!!

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.HTML


FOR AN 'UPDATE ON RACHEL' - Please also click on the starred item below:
Apparently the folk who had made the video of Rachel and her car had so many requests from people wanting them to check in with Rachel that they dropped by and found out some big news. Rachel, now 91, is an international sensation and
*** in this latest video, *** she shares her travel plans and -- shockingly! -- hands over the keys to her beloved car.

This is an unusual love story involving an 89-year-old woman and her beloved Chariot. The two have been together for decades and travelled more than 540,000 miles across the USA highways and side streets.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~


As usual lom I couldn't resist having a go at the latest Blogthing AARRRGGHH !

I am Alice... I am?? Wow lom, I didn't expect that !





You are curious, brave, and inquisitive. You can't help but be interested in the world around you.
You are a bit of a loner and a total daydreamer. Your inner world is very colourful and vivid.
At times, your real life seems dull and completely unbearable. You wish you could escape to a whole other world. While you have a wild spirit, you are quite gentle and polite. You tend to observe more than act - and you tread lightly.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Cheers from the land of the Heather, Love Kate xxx.