Questions / Infinity /Amazing Fire Safety ...

Hi Folks,


I'm doing a lom - in that I found this on her site (she had seen it and copied it from Judy's site - so it's doing the rounds). Yeah, I know it's cheating but I couldn't think of anything to write today . Oh I am sooo fed up with this flippen weather and am desperately looking forward to warmer weather and driving off to my favourite place - Helensburgh, head for the Chinese restaurant, take in the shops and have a look along the beach and breathe in the seaside air. I'm also looking forward to my sister L's son's wedding in April...... I could really really do with a shindig !

Thanks lom ! Anyone else want to try it out ? You are supposed to use just one word answers - which I nearly managed - but not quite.

1. Where is your cell phone? Handbag
2. Your hair? White
3. Your mother? Deceased
4. Your father? Deceased
5. Your favorite food? Pasta.
6. Your dream last night? Didn't.
7. Your favourite drink? Tea

8. Your dream / goal? To Exercise more.
9. What room are you in? Bedroom
10. Your hobby? blogging
11. Your fear? Injections.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Helensburgh.
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something you aren’t? Thin

15. Muffins? No Thanks !
16. Wish list item? A Seaside House
17. Where did you grow up? Glasgow.
18. Last thing you did? Watch TV
19. What are you wearing? Clothes.
20. Your TV? Off
21. Your pets? none

22. Your friends? Deceased
23. Your life? content
24. Your mood? Philosophical.
25. Missing someone? Yes
26. Vehicle? Clio
27. Something you’re not wearing? Slippers
28. Your favorite store? Marks.

29. Your favorite colour? Lilac or Periwinkle Blue.
30. When was the last time you laughed? Earlier.
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday.
32. Your best friend? Rob.
33. One place that I go over and over? Helensburgh.
34. One person who e mails me regularly? Brother-in-law.
35. Favorite place to eat? Beechwood Restaurant.

Blimey, I have just re-read the above and I get the impression that I sound kinda depressed - I'm not really - it's just that I'm soooo looking forward to seeing a big yellow ball in the sky that I can't concentrate on much else.... I just filled in the first answers that came into my head when I read the quiz...... Honestly! I really am 'not' depressed.

What is Infinity?






... it's not big ...



... it's not huge ...



... it's not tremendously large ...



... it's not extremely humungously enormous ...

~~~~~~
... It is Endless ...




I watched TV last night and there was a programme on that was dealing with Infinity - It was amazing and completely held my attention and interest for a whole hour which is absolutely unheard of these days. It was presented mostly by mathematicians but was put over by them so that it was entertaining, quite informative and very interesting.

Now, although I said it was amazing and I watched every second of it (though to be honest,) there was precious little information that actually ' entered and remained' in my menopausal brain which I can 'now relate ' ... Except that in numerics a Googol (It sounds like Google - but bears no relation to Google) It is written down as 1 (one) with one hundred zeros after it. There is a larger one which is called Googol-plex .... At least that's what I thought they said.

Anyway onwards and upwards - the math geniuses presenting the programme said that the ' largest number known ' (and it's in the record book apparently is called ' Graham's number' and it could take ' forever' (or infinity) to relay or relate ...... The number gained a degree of popular attention when Martin Gardner described it in the "Mathematical Games" section of Scientific American in November 1977, writing that "In an unpublished proof, Graham has recently established ... a bound so vast that it holds the record for the largest number ever used in a serious mathematical proof."

Infinity is written as though it's a number 8 ( eight) lying on it's side ......

Note to self:: Remember to ask my lovely brainbox of a Granddaughter (who is a 'whizzkid' and attends Cambridge University) if she saw it and if she could attempt to explain ' her' take on it.

Here endeth the lesson - My youngest grandson Louis is here and babysitting duties are the order of the day therefore the kids shows are on television and chaos reigns supreme .........

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Have a decco at this video - The coolest Fire Safety System for buildings ever ...... the only thing that occurred to me when I watched it was - could they (rescued folk and rescuers) stay calm and collected while fire, heat and the inevitable shouting and panic of a real fire was all around them ???





Cheers from the land of the Tartan, Love Kate xxx.

Find what makes your heart sing and create your own music.
~~~ Mac Anderson ...