Great Saying and a couple of Funnies ...


Mornin.........
Hi Folks,


I was listening to the radio the other day and someone said something which rang bells in my head " (Yeah OK I know.... there's a place for people like me and it has padded cells ...) 'cos it was driving me doolally trying to figure who had said it I just had to find where the comment had come from . One of the great benefits of having a PC connected to the internet is that an oldie like me can just key into to the ' world wide' and the answer just appears in front of you. Rather that me wandering about for hours racking my frazzled and ancient brain trying to figure out where I had heard whatever it was... I keyed in to my friend the PC.

The quote was "the harder I work the luckier I get" and the person on the radio had attributed it to Gary Player and I thought ... that isn't right - now who in the name of fortune said it ??

"Diligence is the mother of good luck." - Benjamin Franklin. I've always been big on quotes, whether they're mine or someone else's, because very often they distill ideas down to their essence. What Ben Franklin said many years ago could have been said today, as it's relevant even today . We've all heard about doing our "due diligence," which is another way of being thorough. It's also the first step to bringing yourself some good luck.

So let me wish you ' hard work and therefore much good luck ' ... Talking about luck I thought this next funnie hit my funny bone nicely - it has a sort of ' ner ner nee ner ner- serves ye right ending' if ya know what I mean....
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
A married couple went to the hospital to have their baby delivered. Upon their arrival, the doctor said that the hospital was testing an amazing new high tech
machine that would transfer a portion of the mother's labour pain to the baby's father. He asked if they were interested, Both said they were very much in favour of it. The doctor set the pain transfer to 10 percent for starters, explaining that even 10 percent was probably more pain than the father had ever experienced before.
But as the labour progressed, the husband felt fine and asked the doctor to go ahead and kick it up a notch. The doctor then adjusted the machine to 20 percent pain transfer.
The husband was still feeling fine. The doctor then checked the husband's blood pressure and was amazed at how well he was doing. At this point they decided to try for 50 percent. The husband continued to feel quite well. Since the pain transfer was obviously helping the wife considerably, the husband encouraged the doctor to transfer ALL the pain to him. The wife delivered a healthy baby with virtually no pain, and the husband had experienced none.
She and her husband were ecstatic.
When they got home they found the postman dead on the porch.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
During a recent PASSWORD AUDIT at the Bank of Ireland it
was found that Paddy O'Toole was using the following password:

MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofyDublin

When Paddy was asked why he had such a long password: he replied
''Bejazus! are yez stupid? Shore Oi was told me password had to be at least 8 characters long and include one capital''...

OOppppsss ..... Don't 'ever ' think you can outwit the Irish!

~~~ ~~~ ~~~


Cheers from the land of the Tartan, Love Kate xxx.