Next Generation / Future Mothers / A Singing Angel.


Is this a future Mum learning lessons ??



Hi Folks,


Generation Next ...... There have been a couple of generations in the last sixty years that have missed the boat but this group isn't one of them. A first grade school teacher in Virginia had twenty-five students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the first half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe these were actually done by first graders.

Their insight may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are 1st graders, 6-year-olds, because the last one is a classic!

1. Don't change horses...........until they stop running.
2. Strike while the............................bug is close.
3. It's always darkest before..............Daylight Saving Time.
4. Never underestimate the power of ....................termites.
5. You can lead a horse to water but........................how?
6. Don't bite the hand that..........................looks dirty.
7. No news is.........................................impossible.
8. A miss is as good as a....................................Mr.
9. You can't teach an old dog new...........................math.
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll ......stink in the morning.
11. Love all,trust................................ me.
12. The pen is mightier than the...................... ......pigs.
13. An idle mind is........................the best way to relax.
14. Where there's smoke there's.......................pollution.
15. Happy the bride who.....................gets all the presents.
16. A penny saved is ...................................not much.
17. Two's company, three's ....................the Musketeers
18. Don't put off till tomorrow what ......you put on to go to bed.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and..... You have to blow your nose.
20. There are none so blind as.......................Stevie Wonder.
21. Children should be seen and not.....spanked or grounded.
22. If at first you don't succeed................get new batteries.
23. You get out of something only what you ................see in the picture on the box.
24. When the blind lead the blind................get out of the way.
And the WINNER and last one!
25. Better late than......................................pregnant.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Mothers ...... I'm sure these things were said by most of the Scottish mothers when I was small - I think there must have been a school for mothers up in heaven where all the future mothers are waiting to be re-born. They are then taught what to say when their time comes and the words and lessons are imprinted into their brains (for future use) ... I'm sure my Mum used most of the comments during the time we children were growing up !
How about your Mum ?

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
" Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY.
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS .
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA .
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION .
"Stop acting like your father!"
15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
"Just wait until we get home."
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING .
"You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP.
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOUR.
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
"You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

and my favourite ......

25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE .
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you
."


Cheers from the land of the Tartan, Love Kate xxx.