Dress Size - argghh !! / Stone Soup / Blethers ...

Miss Beautiful Ant ......
Hi Folks,


I have been catching up on my blogging friends sites and the latest one I checked out was Grumpyoldwoman's blog - talk about depressed ! Hey missus, you lucky woman ! You mentioned about not being able to find a dress that fits ...... Holy Moley ! you try being a size 'GARGANTUAN ' i.e. size 20/22 sob sob !! I tell you it's soooo unfair being a woman at times ... especially when 'you know who' (me) was always a size 10/12 till menopause raised it's ugly head, visited me and decided to stay for over 20 years argghhhh !!!
Anyway, I'm not gonna complain - OH no! I checked out my ' Webmaster-Inspireme.Net ' site and found the inspirational story called ' Stone Soup ' ...... It's an 'oldie' but a 'goodie', so I have loaded it on to my blog today, I hope you enjoy it . Oops! I should warn those of you who are of a soft-hearted disposition to have a hankie handy .

Stone Soup ... A story about Sharing
Many years ago three soldiers, hungry and weary of battle, came upon a small village. The villagers, suffering a meagre harvest and the many years of war, quickly hid what little they had to eat and met the three at the village square, wringing their hands and bemoaning the lack of anything to eat. The soldiers spoke quietly among themselves and the first soldier then turned to the village elders. "Your tired fields have left you nothing to share, so we will share what little we have: the secret of how to make soup from stones. "
Naturally the villagers were intrigued and soon a fire was put to the town's greatest kettle as the soldiers dropped in three smooth stones. "Now this will be a fine soup", said the second soldier; "but a pinch of salt and some parsley would make it wonderful! " Up jumped a villager, crying "What luck! I've just remembered where some's been left!" And off she ran, returning with an apronful of parsley and a turnip. As the kettle boiled on, the memory of the village improved: soon barley, carrots, beef and cream had found their way into the great pot.
They ate and danced and sang well into the night, refreshed by the feast and their new-found friends. In the morning the three soldiers awoke to find the entire village standing before them. At their feet lay a satchel of the village's best breads and cheese. "You have given us the greatest of gifts: the secret of how to make soup from stones", said an elder, "and we shall never forget." The third soldier turned to the crowd, and said: "There is no secret, but this is certain: it is only by sharing that we may make a feast". And off the soldiers wandered, down the road.
Awww... that story always does it for me ! Well folks, I've just had a looksee out of the window and guess what - it's pouring it down (as per normal in the land of the tartan) . It looks like we have had our summer for this year - the weather forecast is predicting more rain and wind for the next week or so - aarrrgggghh !!!
The children are back at school, I've just spotted a woman trailing her two children along the road carrying the school bags - they were, not her ! They were 'all happed up' in waterproof jackets against the weather...... Oh how that brings back memories of soaking wet shins being rubbed by yer wellies so that by a few days you would have skinned skins oooooerr! I do so hate the rain! Ach.. never mind, next year we might even be able to have a summer that will last for three weeks rather than two ! Perhaps it may be worth it to have a few words with the 'Man upstairs' and put in a request for a lovely three week summer for next year . Why is it that when I think back to yonks ago when I was wee I remember that summer lasted all the six weeks of the school holidays - everything was soooo much better then wasn't it, well wasn't it ??
I was searching for ages today ...... through all my blogs - I had been speaking to someone who hadn't heard about the 'Tears' Statue which was presented by the Russian people to the people of the USA after 9/11 . (They had never heard of this statue). Anyway, I came across this wee cratur - I couldn't resist posting him here, as he is soo cute, I hope you enjoy seeing him again - his name is Mr Buggable ...
It features Mr. Ace Buggable and he is Miss Beautiful Ant's fiance .... ( she who used to always be shown at the top of my blog and is visiting today waving at everyone like a looney) !
Turn up your sound! Click here: SINGING BUG .


I'm going to end today's blog ...... with a few intelligent sayings I found around the ether......
1) I was born "an old soul", but I get younger every year. Unfortunately, sometimes my body forgets.
2) I've learned that the least 2 "COMMON" things in the world today are COMMON SENSE and COMMON COURTESY.
3) Don't dwell on what you don't want (you will only attract more). The world is like a mirror, it reflects back to you what you project...mentally, verbally or emotionally.
4) If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
5) This last one was sent by Sue B-The Colony, Texas I live in The Colony Texas and go to T.O.P.S (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and at each meeting we have one person in the group get up and give us information and pep talks. One day someone got up in front of the group and told us this line and she now uses it as her tag line.
"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got ."



Cheers from the land of the Tartan, Love Kate xxx.