Boots email/Man in the Moon/Sayings/ Afterlife/ Blondeback Mountain ..





When I keyed into my emails this morning I came across this note from someone called 'Alicia' and I have copied the email referred to below in order that any of my bloggie mates can take advantage of the offer she (Alicia) has made available..... I hope it is as simple as she says and perhaps you can avail yourselves of this opportunity .... I must admit I love the boots ! Either way, it's up to you ...

E Mail Message read as follows ......
" Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog lunatic-kate.blogspot.com and I’m not sure if you're interested but I created a gift card for your readers which gives them £15 to spend at my store.
Sorry if I’ve wasted any of your time! Feel free to shoot me any questions or ideas if your keen...

All your readers need to do is visit my website http://www.whoogaboots.co.uk/ and enter the code LUNATICKAT into the cart. There are no conditions and it's possible to ship to all countries.
Kind Regards, Alicia ." http://www.whoogaboots.co.uk/


The Man In The Moon ......
THERE once was a blacksmith who complained: "I am not well, and my work is too warm. I want to be a stone on the mountain. There it must be cool, for the wind blows and the trees give a shade."
A wise man who had power over all things replied: "Go you, be a stone." And he was a stone, high up on the mountain-side. It happened that a stone-cutter came that way for a stone, and when he saw the one that had been the blacksmith, he knew that it was what he sought, and he began to cut it. The stone cried out: "This hurts! I no longer want to be a stone. A stone-cutter I want to be. That would be pleasant."

The wise man, humoring him, said, "Be a cutter." Thus he became a stone-cutter, and as he went seeking suitable stone, he grew tired, and his feet were sore. He whimpered, " I no longer want to cut stone. I would be the sun; that would be pleasant."

The wise man commanded, " Be the sun." And he was the sun. But the sun was warmer than the blacksmith, than a stone, than a stone-cutter, and he complained, "I do not like this. I would be the moon. It looks cool."

The wise man spake yet again, "Be the moon." And he was the moon. "This is warmer than being the sun," murmured he, "for the light from the sun shines on me ever. I do not want to be the moon. I would be a smith again. That, verily, is the best life."

But the wise man replied, " I am weary of your changing. You wanted to be the moon; the moon you are, and it you will remain."
And in yon high heaven lives he to this day.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Here are some really intelligent sayings ..... Which is something you don't normally see here on this Blog...

1) "The man who wins may have been counted out several times, but he didn't hear the referee." - H.E. Jansen
2) "Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too, can become great."- Anon
3) "Happy people are constantly evaluating themselves and unhappy people are constantly evaluating others."- Wm. Glasser
4) "We judge others by their acts, but ourselves by our intentions."- American Proverb
5) "A real friend is someone who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."- Anon
6) "You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."- Eric Hoffer
7) "If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down."- Mary Pickford
8) "When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." - Mae West ..

Afterlife Accidents ......... An engineer dies and reports to the pearly gates. St. Peter checks his dossier and says, "Ah, you're an engineer — you're in the wrong place." So the engineer reports to the gates of hell and is let in. Pretty soon, the engineer gets dissatisfied with the level of comfort in hell, and starts designing and building improvements. After a while, they've got air conditioning, flush toilets and escalators, and the engineer is becoming a pretty popular guy.

One day God calls Satan up on the telephone and asks with a sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?" Satan replies, "Hey, things are going great. We've got air conditioning, flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next." God replies, "What??? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake — he should never have gotten down there; send him up here." Satan says, "No way! I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm keeping him." God says, "Send him back up here or I'll sue." Satan laughs uproariously and answers, "Yeah right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"

Blondback Mountain ...... A blonde decides to try horseback riding, despite having had no lessons or prior experience. She mounts the horse unassisted and the horse immediately springs into motion. It gallops along at a steady rhythmic pace, but the blonde begins to slip from the saddle. In terror, she grabs for the horse's mane, but cannot seem to get a firm grip. She tries to throw her arms around the horse's neck, but she slides down the side of the horse anyway. The horse gallops along, seemingly oblivious to its slipping rider.


Finally, giving up her frail grip, she leaps away from the horse to try and throw herself to safety.
Unfortunately for the blonde, her foot becomes entangled in the stirrup and is now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as her head is struck against the ground again and again.
Her head is battered against the ground, mere moments away from unconsciousness when
Stan, the Walmart manager runs out to shut the horse off.



Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love Kate xxx.