Cute as a button/Some Aphorisms/2 Brooms and a Moan!

High 'Cute ratio' photo ......


Hi Folks,


In a crawling race across the grass they're evenly matched, but Emily Bland will need a little practice before taking on her new friend at tree-climbing. The little girl, two, met one-year-old orangutan Rishi at an animal centre while visiting with her father. They took to each other straight away and spent hours tumbling about. On all fours: A delighted Emily plays with her best new friend Rishi. Emily's father Barry Bland, 38, a photographer, said: 'I had come to the institute to photograph Rishi and I thought it would be good to bring Emily. 'Almost as soon as we arrived, Rishi had an instant chemistry with Emily. They looked completely content with each other.'

The friendship came as no surprise to those in charge of Rishi's home, The Institute of Greatly Endangered and Rare Species (T.I.G.E.R.S) in Miami.? How sweet, a kiss for Emily, whose father says the pair hit it off instantly. Dr Bhagavan Antle: 'Orangutans are intelligent and certainly the most friendly apes on the planet. The youngsters enjoy their playtime and are always looking for an opportunity to experience new things and make new friends and monkey around. Rishi, who is the youngest of the family is always looking for someone to play with. 'That's where Emily stepped in to provide a playmate to swing in the trees, have tea with, and go for a ride. All infants have the capacity to get along and as youngsters the barriers between species appear to disappear. Orangutans are one of the most endangered species on earth. Recent expansion of palm oil plantations and over logging of their forests in Borneo and Sumatra have created a rapidly declining habitat for these great apes..'

Emily poured while Rishi waited patiently, gripping his spoon in a hairy fist. One lump or two Rishi? The pair enjoy afternoon tea. Rishi was brought over to T.I.G.E.R.S from Jungle Island because he was a young boy,' says Dr Antle. 'He couldn't stay with his father or the other male orangutans in the habitat because they throw the boys out. But he is now been fully accepted into his new group. He sleeps with them and he stays side by side with them. He is with them all the time.' Rishi will now stay at the institute where he will become part of the animal ambassadors program, participating in education and conservation presentations at Myrtle Beach and Jungle Island institutions.' Judging from these photos it looks as though Rishi has found a friend for life.

APHORISM ...... A SHORT, POINTED SENTENCE EXPRESSING A WISE OR CLEVER OBSERVATION OR A GENERAL TRUTH; ADAGE

1. The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.
2. Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
3. If you don't have a sense of humour, you probably don't have any sense at all.
4. Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.
5. A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.
6. How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?
7. Business conventions are important because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without.
8. Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?
9. Scratch a cat and you will have a permanent job.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Two brooms were hanging in the closet ..... after a while, they got to know each other so well, they decided to get married. One broom was, of course, the bride broom, the other the groom broom. The bride broom looked very beautiful in her white dress. The groom broom was handsome and suave in his tuxedo. The wedding was lovely. After the wedding, at the wedding dinner, the bride-broom leaned over and said to the groom-broom, 'I think I am going to have a little broom!'
'IMPOSSIBLE !' said the groom broom.
Are you ready for this? Brace yourself; this is going to hurt!

'WE HAVEN'T EVEN SWEPT TOGETHER!'
......................................
Oh for goodness sake... Laugh, or at least groan.........
Sounds to me like she's......been .....sweeping around !
Brooooom Brooooom !!


Cheers from the land of the Heather - Love Kate xxx.
P.S. Last Minute Moan !!
Flippen 'Sky television' problems...... Does anyone else have problems with things like this ? Funnily enough a new TV programme started recently on our TVs about a Call Centre (in India would you believe) which did put a funny slant on some of the queries that come up there ......
After Rob and I returned from our holiday in Blackpool and I had unpacked and gone through all our mail I came across a letter from 'Sky' which included a new 'Sky Viewing Card' and explaining how to set this into the skybox ..... Now having been a Sky customer for over 20 years I am well aware of how to load a new 'up to date skycard ' so I tried to do so... Would it load ? would it hell! I tried everything I could think of and decided to finally phone them... Now I don't know whether in Blogland there is anyone aware of how difficult it is to speak to some 'person' who works at the Sky offices or not but I can assure you that it can be jolly difficult to do so... you are met with automated messages - given different options to press 1 2 3 or 4 etc .. etc !
So a couple of days after we returned I tried to telephone Sky ! I dialled the correct number and at the third try got through to a living breathing human being, the only problem was that I had managed to get through to the Indian call centre for Sky... Not a problem for me I thought, I have spoken several times to workers there at the call centre.... The only thing different with this call was that the guy I was speaking to was a relatively new start in the company and couldn't understand what I was trying to explain to him. He finally asked me to go through the usual steps in which you re-boot the system and I knew very well what these steps were as I had already done this several times but knew it wouldn't work.
After several minutes again repeating to him what the problem was and that it had nothing to do with the system itself he left his post and asked a manager there what his next course of action was to be to assist me in my enquiry. He asked me to read out what the number on the old card was which I duly did - He then said that this was the number of the new card !
Realisation then finally dawned on me that the new card issued the few days previously should not have been sent. I was then told by this 'new start at the call centre' to just destroy the latest one and that would solve the problem..... Great ! It had only taken a telephone call lasting 25 minutes to India to discover that the problem had been at 'Sky's' end - he then asked me if there was anything else 'he' could do to help me ..................
By this time I was so ruddy mad and spitting nails that I was so happy to put down the phone and confirm that I would indeed destroy the new card which 'his' company had sent to me in error ....... No apology was given - ARRRGGGHHH !!!! Is it just me or does anyone else have problems like this ?