A Poem for Older Folk / Shipwreck Story / Funny Headlines ...

Hi there ......




Hello again folks,

Special poem for Older Folk .......

A row of bottles on my shelf Caused me to analyze myself. One yellow pill I have to pop Goes to my heart so it won't stop. A little white one that I take Goes to my hands so they won't shake. The blue ones that I use a lot Tell me I'm happy when I'm not. The purple pill goes to my brain And tells me that I have no pain. The capsules tell me not to wheeze Or cough or choke or even sneeze.. The red ones, smallest of them all Go to my blood so I won't fall. The orange ones, very big and bright Prevent my leg cramps in the night. Such an array of brilliant pills to cure all kinds of ills, But what I'd really like to know...... Is what tells each one where to go!


The Shipwreck ......... The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements and to store his few possessions. But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.

The worst had happened; everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger. "God, how could you do this to me!" he cried. Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him. "How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going badly. But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground--it just may be a smoke signal that summons The Grace of God.
Pass this on. You never know who may be in need of this today.
Some funny Headlines in Papers......

Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says...
Really? Ya think? --
Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers...
Now that's taking things a bit far!
Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over...
What a guy!
Miners Refuse to Work after Death...
No-good-for-nothing, lazy so-and-so's!
Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant...
See if that works any better than a fair trial!
War Dims Hope for Peace ...
I can see where it might have that effect!
If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile ...
Ya think?
Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures ...
Well - Who'd have thunk it ??


Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love Kate xxx.