I'm Back - Blethering and letting my fingers roam the keys !

Dorien in her glory at the park across the road from her flat with a 'wee one' ( my second youngest Grandson Kai ).


Hi Folks,
Firstly, can I say thanks to everybody who messaged me in the last week or so, your kind words meant a lot. The arrangements made went as well as they could and it was good to meet up with friends and relatives whom we had not been in contact with for some time.

The Minister who conducted and led the service was a bit of a character who came across as a real gem and helped all of us (family members) through the delicate and difficult parts of the 'saying goodbye' as competently and as helpfully as he could and he did so with a sense of humour too - which is quite unusual for a man of the cloth but which helped our family cope enormously.
The only thing about something like this is all the loose ends which have to be tidied up - like the flat to be emptied, Dorien's jewellery sorted out and gifted, the furniture to be got rid of, anything which can be given to charity shops etc., plus all the utility services who have to be informed . It was, I must admit, a bit daunting for me as I had never had to deal with anything like this before and without my family helping it would have been impossible.

The foregoing apart - to have to face dealing with this business without the company of Dorien herself though makes me realize just how much I relied on her - even just to complain to or offload 'my' fed-up feelings and 'my' moans about being taken for granted.. Right now I'm finding it difficult trying to see my way out of this murky great black cloud which has decended.

Oh, how my face burns with embarrassment when I think of the times when 'I' moaned and got things off 'my' chest to her! I'm not making her out to be an angel - well, not when she was here at any rate... But she did the same to me too ! I suppose that's what most sisters and friends do though isn't it ? It's only when something like this happens that you suddenly are brought up with a short sharp shock !

I must admit that I miss Dorien dreadfully already but I am thankful that she is now at peace and in no more pain and that she had a peaceful journey in her passing.

The last four months have fairly taken a toll - I'd hate to think how difficult it is for people who are on their own dealing with the friends and relatives in the same position and I'm intending to try and figure out a way of doing some kind of voluntary work - yeah folks ! even at my ancient age !! Rob and I are going to try to get away for a few days after all the business part of this is over and I must admit I am kind of looking forward to getting some sea air and seeing some sea views.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

This wee poem was one which 'The Minister' recited at the service and I thought it quite meaningful .... As I said already he was a bit of a character and I felt and was told later that he spoke the words directly to and at me. I had never heard the poem before but I must admit that I have gained some comfort from it and hope that anyone in the same position reading it here will also appreciate it.
Miss me, but let me go
When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no tears in a gloom-filled room,
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little – But not for long
And not with your head bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me – But let me go.
For this is a journey we all must take,
And each must go alone,
It’s all a part of the Master’s plan
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to your friends that we know,
And bury your sorrows in doing good works,
Miss me – But let me go.



With Love from the land of the Tartan and from me ! xxxxxx.