Birthday cards and manners / Funnies...

" I really could do with your help - I need to get a mirror like this, is there anyone who knows where I can get one " ??


Hi Folks,

Why is it that whenever I get a card from one of our joined family I can't bring up the fact that one of my step children miss-spells my name on gift cards and birthday cards , my upbringing will not allow me to be so cheeky as to be seen to correct someone who was so important in the eyes of my husband. You see I was silly enough to think that she would eventually get the message with me signing the cards and pressies . Thus far though that assumption hasn't worked...

I remember going through tortures trying to figure out - as a young (21 year old) newly married young woman what on earth I would call my Mother-in-law..... I couldn't bring myself to call her Mum but I couldn't call her Mrs S****** because that was just 'too' formal ! I eventually managed to call her Mrs. S. which, although it wasn't her name kind of suited her nature. Nowadays daughters-in-law think nothing of calling their husband's mothers by their first names - OMG! I just couldn't have said - Ina would you like a cuppa/cake/biscuit ??? I would rather have jumped out of a plane without a ruddy parachute ! That being said I'm afraid of heights as I've already blogged - never mind the bumpy landing !!

It seems that manners and consideration for people are things which seem to have changed to their detriment in the past 20 years . It now seems unimportant to others how folk are being brought up. I was about to relate how younger people should be raised but there is little or no point in that - I'll just need to put it down to me being a right ' po-faced fuddy-duddy ' and an old dinosaur and accept that things change and unfortunately some not for the better. Now it's a case of - Put up or Shut up...

I wonder how people will be in another 20 years ? Will they be as 'easy-ohsy' or not? Will they be much different than they are today ? What do you think ?
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Changing the subject to a funnier vein have a look at these ...

A Glasgow man walked into a bank in Glasgow ...... he asked to speak to the loan officer. He told the loan officer that he was going to Australia on business for two weeks and needed to borrow £5,000. The bank officer told him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan, so the Glasgow lad handed over the keys and documents of his new Ferrari parked on the street in front of the bank. He produced the Log Book and everything checked out.

The loan officer agreed to accept the car as collateral for the loan. The bank's Manager and its officers all enjoyed a good laugh at the rough looking Glaswegian for using a £120,000 Ferrari as collateral against a £5000 loan. An employee of the bank then drove the Ferrari into the bank's underground garage and parked it there.

Two weeks later, the Glaswegian returned, repaid the £5,000 and the interest, which came to £15.41. The loan officer says, "Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multi millionaire. What puzzles us is,why would you bother to borrow "£5,000" ?
The Glaswegian replies: "Where else in Glasgow can I park my car for two weeks for only £15.41 and expect it to be there when I returned "...

Ah, the mind of the Glaswegian....
This is why we still survive !
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
This next funnie is one which shows that we Glaswegians can laugh at ourselves and it is really typical of our sense of fun and humour... You should understand that although the Govan and Possilpark areas of Glasgow are a couple of the roughest areas - the people there are the friendliest and the funniest you will find.
The Ferrari Formula 1 Team ......... fired their entire pit crew yesterday. The announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the UK Government's Youth Opportunity Scheme and employ people from Glasgow. The decision to hire them followed a recent documentary on how unemployed youths from the Govan and Possilpark areas of Glasgow were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew can only do it in 8 seconds with millions of euros worth of high tech equipment.
Prime Minister Gordon Brown went on record as saying this was a bold move by the Ferrari management which demonstrated the international recognition of the UK under New Labour. As most races are won and lost in the pits, Ferrari thought they had the advantage over every team. However, Ferrari got more than they bargained for:
At the first practice session, the Govan & Possilpark pit crew successfully changed the tyres in less than 6 seconds, but within 12 seconds they had re-sprayed, re-badged and sold the vehicle to the McLaren team for 8 bottles of WKD Irn Bru, a kilo of coke and some photos of Lewis Hamilton's bird in the shower.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Funnies ......
I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.
FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS! Except that one where you're naked in church.
Heaven is Where : The Police are British, The Chefs are Italian, The Mechanics are German, The Lovers are French and It's all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is Where : The Police are German, The Chefs are British, The Mechanics are French, The Lovers are Swiss and It's all organized by the Italians.

In just two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.

I am a Nobody. Nobody is Perfect. Therefore I am Perfect.

Dyslexics Have More Nuf.

In Memorium With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week. Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "TheHokey Pokey", died peacefully at age 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started.





Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love Kate xxx.