Ancient and Modern Photos / Mr Cosby Sir ! / A Gift from Russia /


Hi Folks,


I had another birthday the other day and it brought home to me again how we age, last month my younger brothers and sisters and I met up and got together for a meal with 'D' to celebrate her birthday and when we got back to our house we took a photograph in the same layout as the old photo taken at our old family home when we were kids. Now this next bit of piffle is my mind going through a kind of waffling and wandering exercise - in other words I open my ' brain' and let my fingers rumble around on the keyboard as it were... It can shock you when you do this sort of thing after such a long time and it can cause what brains I'm left with to be jogged into remembering all sorts ......
Isn't it funny how the time passes and you don't think about it, till something happens, like you suddenly see with so much clarity your face in the bathroom mirror and actually look at the lines on your physog! Or you make a comment about a certain top you have seen in a store, try to describe it to your young daughter-in-law who is still in her twenties and you suddenly see a 'look' drifting past her eyes which plainly means 'Oh my God' surely she's not thinking of wearing 'that' to this or that occasion ??
Time passes soooo quickly you see and our brains seem to stick for a while at the age of 29yrs, so you kind of 'forget' that you are aging at a he** of a rate of knots and it's not until you yourself try on the 'certain' top in the shop that you realise that the 'Oh my God' face was quite correct ! Believe me bloggers thoughts like these only crop up in my brain very occasionally and I do know that all the lines in my face are ones that I have 'earned' in my life and I wouldn't change anything about how I've become me. I'm just going through one of these 'wondering stages' we women go through at times. It doesn't last long and believe me I come out of it very quickly and completely without any long lasting madness ......
Having reread the foregoing I am aware that some folk reading this rubbish are thinking 'In the name of fortune what in blue blazes is she yakking about- she sounds like she has really gone off her trolley !! But fear not, I can assure you that tomorrow I shall be completely recovered as far as my thought processing is concerned and normal service will be resumed - then jokes can abound and the funnies will again take control of this site.

Cheers !!!
Hey, some sense at last .........

Who is he talking about ? 'They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk: Why you ain't ? Where you is ? What he drive ? Where he stay ? Where he work ? Who you be ? I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk and then I heard the father talk. Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads.

You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth - In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living. People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around. The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal. These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what? They won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit ! Where were you when he was 2? Where were you when he was 12? Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol? And where is the father? Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward: Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong? People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something? Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body? What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa .....

I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid. I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany, Scotland, England, Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... and all of them are in jail. Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem. We have got to take the neighborhood back.

People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now. We have millionaire football players who cannot read. We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job. Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us. We have to start holding each other to a higher standard. We cannot blame the white people any longer.' Dr. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed.D.

Well said Mr. Cosby ! It's not about colour, it's about behaviour !
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

I received the undernoted item in an email and have had a bit of bother trying to load it on to this site, I hope this works because I feel that it is a very worthy item to view - I hope you also find it interesting, I don't remember hearing of the presentation of this gift to the USA at the time ...... I looks an amazing monument !
Gift From the People of Russia to USA "MONUMENT TO THE STRUGGLE ... - 21 Apr
File Format: Microsoft Powerpoint - View as HTMLPPS: AZV2, Miami, Fl. Amazing Grace - Mantovanni. Please click to change each page ... This is the "TEAR DROP" made and installed by the Russians to honour those who died in 9 11 and a statement .... www.whatsinyouremail.com/wp-filez/Russia_Honor_USA-



Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love Kate xxx.
P.S. See! I told you that normal service would be resumed ....