The Wooden Bowl Story / Dubai Sights + Nursing Home Plan ..

Hi Folks,

I came across this story this morning, I'm sure I have seen it previously and probably even posted it before it's worth another airing - it's the kind of story I love and other folks seem to as well ...

*** The Wooden Bowl...

A frail old man went to live with his son, daughter-in-law, and a four-year old grandson. The old man's hands trembled, his eyesight was blurred, and his step faltered. The family ate together nightly at the dinner table. But the elderly grandfather's shaky hands and failing sight made eating rather difficult. Peas rolled off his spoon onto the floor. When he grasped the glass often milk spilled on the tablecloth. The son and daughter-in-law became irritated with the mess. "We must do something about grandfather," said the son. I've had enough of his spilled milk, noisy eating, and food on the floor. So the husband and wife set a small table in the corner. There, grandfather ate alone while the rest of the family enjoyed dinner at the dinner table. Since grandfather had broken a dish or two, his food was served in a wooden bowl. Sometimes when the family glanced in grandfather's direction, he had a tear in his eye as he ate alone. Still, the only words the couple had for him were sharp admonitions when he dropped a fork or spilled food. The four-year-old watched it all in silence. One evening before supper, the father noticed his son playing with wood scraps on the floor. He asked the child sweetly, "What are you making?" Just as sweetly, the boy responded, "Oh, I am making a little bowl for you and mama to eat your food from when I grow up." The four-year-old smiled and went back to work.

The words so struck the parents that they were speechless. Then tears started to stream down their cheeks. Though no word was spoken, both knew what must be done. That evening the husband took grandfather's hand and gently led him back to the family table...... For the remainder of his days he ate every meal with the family. For some reason, neither the husband nor his wife seemed to care any longer when a fork was dropped, milk spilled, or the tablecloth soiled. Children are remarkably perceptive. Their eyes ever observe, their ears ever listen, and their minds ever process the messages they absorb. If they see us patiently provide a happy home atmosphere for family members, they will imitate that attitude for the rest of their lives. The wise parent realizes that every day that building blocks are being laid for the child's future.
Let us all be wise builders and role models. Take care of yourself, ... and those you love, ... today, and everyday ...

**Do men remember anniversaries ?

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband was not in their bed.She puts on her dressing gown and goes downstairs to look for him.She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall.She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee.'What's the matter, dear?' she whispers as she steps into the room, 'Why are you down here at this time of night?' The husband looks up from his coffee,
'I am just remembering when we first met 20 years ago and started dating.. You were only 16. Do you remember back then?' he says solemnly.The wife is touched to tears thinking that her husband is so caring, so sensitive.'Yes, I do' she replies.The husband pauses. The words were not coming easily.'Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car?''Yes, I remember!' said the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him.The husband continues. 'Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, 'Either you marry my daughter, or I will send you to jail for 20 years?''I remember that too' she replies softly.He wipes another tear from his cheek and says...'I would have been released today.'

**OOOPPSS ! A conversation on the 'other side'.
1st woman: Hi! My name is Sandra. 2nd woman: Hi! I'm Sylvia. How'd you die?
1st woman: I froze to death. 2nd woman: How horrible!
1st woman: It wasn't so bad. After I quit shaking from the cold, I began to get warm & sleepy, and finally died a peaceful death. What about you?
2nd woman: I died of a massive heart attack. I suspected that my husband was cheating, so I came home early to catch him in the act. But instead, I found him all by himself in the den watching TV.
1st woman: So, what happened?
2nd woman: I was so sure there was another woman there somewhere that I started running all over the house looking. I ran up into the attic and searched, and down into the basement. Then I went through every closet and checked under all the beds. I kept this up until I had looked everywhere, and finally I became so exhausted that I just keeled over with a heart attack and died.
1st woman: Too bad you didn't look in the freezer-we'd both still be alive.
PRICELESS !!

*** Amazing Sights and Holiday Suggestions.

I was sent this first video the other day and thought it an amazing insight into what has been happening in Dubai in recent years. Each page of this video will advance automatically ... dubai.tour.pps.

This next one gives us loads of ideas about what to do to enjoy our retirements - I wish ! hehe.. I would so love to be able to spend about four months of the year cruising, wouldn't you ? Just click to advance each page and enjoy the fun...
Nursing_Home_Plan.pps

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
When age is creeping up on you, do you stumble and complain and long for what you once could do, but may not do again ? Look at things another way, be grateful you're still here, make the most of each new day and very passing year.

Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love, Kate xxx.