Real Meaning of Peace / Important Question / Rude Folk

... The 2009 Playboy ' Bunny' Calendar ...








... Well, what did you think it would be about ???

Hi Folks,

I found another inspirational story today and I am therefore posting it on here - It is called
The Real Meaning of Peace, I hope you enjoy it ...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~

There once was a king who offered a prize to the artistwho would paint the best picture of peace. Many artists tried. The king looked at all the pictures. But there were only two he really liked, and he had to choose between them. One picture was of a calm lake. The lake was a perfect mirror for peaceful towering mountains all around it. Overhead was a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. All who saw this picture thought that it was a perfect picture of peace.The other picture had mountains, too. But these were rugged and bare. Above was an angry sky, from which rain fell and in which lightning played. Down the side of the mountain tumbled a foaming waterfall. This did not look peaceful at all.But when the king looked closely, he saw behind the waterfall a tiny bush growing in a crack in the rock. In the bush a mother bird had built her nest. There, in the midst of the rush of angry water, sat the mother bird on her nest - in perfect peace.Which picture do you think won the prize? The king chose the second picture. Do you know why?"Because," explained the king, "peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart. That is the real meaning of peace."
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
The Most Important Question
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~
During my second month of nursing school, our professor gave us a pop quiz..
I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions, until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"
Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times. She was tall, dark-haired and in her 50s, but how would I know her name?
I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank..
Before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade.
"Absolutely," said the professor. "In your careers you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say 'hello'."
I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy..
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
For all Employees Who Work With
Rude Customers ...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
An award should go to the Virgin Airlines gate attendant in Sydney some months ago for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.A crowded Virgin flight was cancelled after Virgin's 767s had been withdrawn from service. A single attendant was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it HAS to be FIRST CLASS".The attendant replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address microphone: "May I have your attention please, may I have your attention please," she began - her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14."With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Virgin attendant, gritted his teeth and said, "F... You!"
Without flinching, she smiled and said, ( I love this bit) "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Have a decco at this wee video - The first one is about elephants painting - honest have a look !
The second, well I found it while I was checking for the elephant one. Elephants have always been a favourite animal to both my sister D and I... The second video is one of my favourite songs always has been, it also means a lot to me at the moment ...... Big hankie warning though .




Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love Kate, xxx.