Amazing Skies / Gather at the River / Funnies...

Hi Folks,


These pictures are of The Northern Lights and a Fire Rainbow over Yellowknife, Yukon , Canada - Amazing aren't they ? I have shown the first picture before but not the others.

This last picture is of a Fire Rainbow - The rarest of all naturally occurring atmospheric phenomena. The picture was captured this week on the Idaho/Washington Border. The event lasted about 1 hour.

Clouds have to be Cirrus, at least 20,000 feet in the air, with just the right amount of ice crystals and the sun has to hit the clouds at precisely 58 Degrees... Isn't it and the other photographs an amazingly incredible and beautiful sight !

Hymn No. 365 ...

This is a hoot, but I suspect the minister didn't appreciate it. A minister was completing a temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said, 'If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.' With even greater emphasis he said, 'and if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.' And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, 'and if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.' Sermon complete, he sat down. The hymn-leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, nearly laughing,

'For our closing hymn, let us sing Hymn No.365, 'Shall We Gather at the River' ......
'Smile' life is too short not to ! If this brightened your day don't let it stop here -Pass it on with a smile keep spreading the Cheer. " SEE YOU AT THE RIVER "...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Here's another funnie in the same vein sort of : hehehe ....
What causes Arthritis ?

A drunk man who smelled like beer sat down on a bus next to a priest. The man's tie was stained, his face was plastered with red lipstick, and a half-empty bottle of gin was sticking out of his torn coat pocket. He opened his newspaper and began reading. After a few minutes the man turned to the priest and asked, 'Say Father, what causes arthritis?' The priest replies, 'My Son, it's caused by loose living, being with cheap, wicked women, too much alcohol, contempt for your fellow man, sleeping around with prostitutes and lack of a bath.' The drunk muttered in response, 'Well, I'll be damned, ' then returned to his paper. The priest, thinking about what he had said, nudged the man and apologized.

'I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to come on so strong. How long have you had arthritis?'
The drunk answered, 'I don't have it, Father. I was just reading here that the Pope does.'

MORAL:......... Make sure you understand the question before offering the answer.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Today's Videos ...
I'm ending this post with a wee video from part of a television series that myself, along with millions of other folk loved and enjoyed years ago, it reminds me of older and happier times and memories - Enjoy !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lZRXn-z8Ks

and another wee funny to finish with - it's a cartoon 'cos I've never grown up, enjoy !

Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love Kate xxx.