Weird Buildings around the world and two friendship stories...

Hi Folks,

I received todays pictures from my brother-in-law in the form of loads of photos . Weird and wonderful buildings around the world . There are some 50 images and some of them are real crackers! I have only shown a few here ... Have a decco - which ones do you prefer and which ones are of buildings where you would prefer not to live nearby - there are a few of them as far as I can see hehehe...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
This next item was in my Friendship Book .......
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
When we moved into our house the previous tenants had left a special heat-giving bulb in the bathroom. It was much bigger than the normal lightbulbs, but we grew to like it as it helped to take the chill off the room.

One time my seven-year-old son was in the shower over the bath when the phone rang. The phone was in the next room so I felt it was safe to take the call and shout through every few minutes to make sure he was okay.

Unfortunately, I'd forgotten to open a window for the steam and I think that's what caused the problem. I was in mid-chat when there was a loud bang and the house was plunged into darkness. My son screamed and I rushed through to the bathroom to find a traumatised wee boy in floods of tears, clutching on the shower curtain for dear life.

The bulb had exploded, showering the room with shards of glass. "It's OK, Mummy's here" I said, tiptoeing through the mess before carefully rescuing him and carrying him through in the dark to his bedroom.

Apart from a few slithers of glass in his hair I'm glad to report he was unhurt, physically at least. However, the whole frightening experience put my son off having a shower for weeks and I'd an awful job going over the floor and bath to make sure I had every last piece of glass picked up...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Tuesday, January, 20, 2009...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
This date will go down as one of the biggest days in history, with the inauguration of Barack Obama as America's first African-American president.

The occasion was the topic of many a conversation that day. I was speaking about it with my friend Shirley. She said Obama has a huge job on his hands, with an enormous weight of responsibility and expectation. She wondered how on earth he sleeps at night.

But then she answered her own question. She had read a bit about the President's background and history. He has had his share of troubles and difficult times. And what has always got him through, said Shirley, has been his faith, his honesty and courage in facing challenges, and the company of those he loves.

Listening to her, I felt full of optimism. These are the things that can help anybody deal with their own life and look after those around them.. I'm sure President Obama will have all he needs to succeed in making the world a better place for us all.




Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love Kate xxx.