A wee chuckle and some Kate-isms (for June)...

Have a wee chuckle ......

I bet this is going to make you smile.... It didn't half give me a laugh !! A little girl asked her mother: 'How did the human race appear?' The mother answered, 'God made Adam and Eve; they had children; and so was all mankind made.' Two days later the girl asked her father the same question. The father answered, 'Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved.' The confused girl returned to her mother and said, 'Mum, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Dad said they developed from monkeys?' The mother answered, 'Well, Dear, it is very simple. I told you about my side of the family, and your father told you about his.'


Hi There,

I know lom that this post is just sheer copy-catting but I couldn't resist it ! Your recent post about washing your windows reminded me that I also 'had a look' at my windows yesterday morning and thought - Flippen Nora, my windows are badly needing washed, when we had new double glazed unit windows put in 4 years ago at our house I specifically said we would have to be able to wash all the windows from the inside of the house ....... Hehehe that little requirement was due to the fact that I have a husband who 'loves' to climb ladders .

Now he is an OAP aged over 70 (shhh don't tell anyone). Let me explain, he worked as a roofer - now we are talking over 30 years ago folks... Anyway, he thinks (in his addled brain) that he is still aged about 30 which means that he can do 'all' the things about and outside of the house that he used to. He damn near gave all our neighbours (and me) heart failure last year when he climbed the ladder up to the roof and pulled and hauled the weeds and grass which our visiting pigeons use as nests when they pay us a holiday visit over the summer... (In my humble opinion I think of them as flying rats which harbour fleas and all sorts of filthy rubbish and they drive me batty - I assume that folk who are bird lovers will switch off me blog here ) Too bad 'cos this next bit could be funny !

Anyway - what was I talking about .... yeah windows - now I am terrified of heights and so I wanted to be able to wash my windows by having the type that pulled inside - I could do the business then push them back into place again. I had had this type of window units years ago in another house and they were easy to operate (and clean).. What happened ? Well I was talked out of them and pushed into getting the type I do have - aarrrgghhh! (total waste of time) !

A few months ago our window cleaners, who had been very reliable at coming every month like clockwork stopped ! We didn't see them for 4 months and then they reappeared - one of them had apparently had a fall and had suffered a broken leg. Well, since they couldn't very well work in harmony and do window cleaning - they had a long holiday hehehe. They washed the windows they then waved goodbye. This was 3months ago.... We haven't heard from them since, maybe the bloke has had another accident, maybe he has been hauled away by aliens, maybe the Social Security Police have hauled them away 'cos they were working on the quiet and they should not have been working.... what's the odds ? To be honest I have lost the will to live reporting this episode - no doubt you have too !

What really gets me though is why couldn't they let us know so that we, their customers, could arrange for other window cleaners to do the business... The upshot of this epic tale is that my windows 'still' need cleaned and I 'can't ' reach the outside of them - I'm dreading the first sunny day when my 'dearheart' will come out with the dreaded statement about getting the ladder out and him cleaning the windows.....

As some of you are aware he had an accident falling in our bathroom he had sneezed heavily and he just about broke his back, he drove me insane for weeks with his complaints and he had to learn to 'walk' again - well this last statement is not strictly true - but when you have to watch and listen to an old man complaining about having a sore back for weeks you are inclined to get a bit tetchy and twitchy if you know what I mean ... He is nearly back to normal (with his back I mean) and normal to Rob means that he will want to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it - I hope you can make sense of the foregoing, all I mean is that he thinks he is fit again so he thinks he is Superman and 'can do anything.'

Well June, is this a blog in my usual style huh ? In other words some Kate'isms and me talking a load of rubbish Eh ? I can't hear ya missus ye'll need to shout - hehehehe...

I think I'll close this with a video which stems from something I saw in another site about rising bollards . I'm not copying it though - I had never heard of them before and when I googled them I found some videos about them . I tell you, I will now be on the lookout for them from now on - talk about dangerous ! Rob being an ex-taxi driver would be an obvious candidate for falling foul of these things - he is inclined to go (I mean drive) like the hammers of Hell and I'm forever making remarks about his speeds etc... I swear there is someone up there looking after him ! (I just hope that there's someone looking after the others on the roads at the same time).



Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love Kate xxx.