Awww.. Photos and a Couple of Jokes ...




Hi Folks,

How about these photos - I got them in an email yesterday morning, they are sooo full of the Awwww... factor I just had to post them on here, there's nothing like a wee animal to bring out the loving feelings in folk, is there ?

Another thing that makes me smile are Irish jokes, there's something about them - they are so innocently funny, cute and a bit childish, I just can't help it, probably because I have never grown up. This is one I found a while ago but each time I read it, it makes me smile again ! (this is no easy thing to do these days, just ask Rob). By the way, Rob is a good bit better, we found that he was allergic to penicillen and we still await word from the hospital with details of when he is to have a catscan. He has, the doctor said got Pleural Plaques apparently, which is something to do with having worked with asbestos 40 years ago would you believe.... that it can take 40 years to show any symptoms - crazy eh ?

Irish Joke
~~~ ~~~ ~
Three Irishmen, Paddy, Sean and Seamus, were stumbling home from the pub late one night and found themselves on the road which led past the old graveyard. " Come have a look over here, " says Paddy, "It's Michael O'Grady's grave, God bless his soul. He lived to the ripe old age of 87." "That's nothing," says Sean. "here's one names Patrick O'Toole, it says here that he was 95 when he died." Just then, Seamus yells out, "Good God, here's a fella that got to be 145 !" "What was his name? asks Paddy, Seamus stumbles around a bit, awkwardly lights a match to see what else was written on the stone marker, and exclaims - "Miles, from Dublin."
and another ...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
An Irish priest is driving down to New York and got stopped for speeding in Connecticut. The State Trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then notices an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car. He says, "Father, have you been drinking ?" "Just water," says the priest. The Trooper says, " Then why do I smell wine?" The priest looks at the bottle and said, "Good Lord! He's done it again!"
I don't suppose I should be perpetuating the myth about drink and the Irish but there again I don't stop from perpetuating the myth about Scots being mean with cash and drinking so I figure if I can laugh at my own I should be able to laugh at others too...


Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love Kate xxx.