Je ne vois pas




I got off the bus a few stops early, it was raining and I was wearing moccasins but that has happened before and I didn't mind that my feet would be cold and wet. I went to the blockbuster on my street to see if they had the Three Colors trilogy -- they did, but it took us quite some time to collect the pieces. Blue was waiting, Red was in the wrong place, White was hidden. When I came home I made myself some lunch, closed the curtains, lit three candles and began watching these movies.

Now that I've watched them through I will not say much. Except that sometimes a work of art can come too close to things unsaid and almost-said -- too close to things thought and unthought and almost-thought. And the scene where Julie sets the cat on the family of mice -- that was the closest of all.