Aprons, Nans and blethers...Oh and an Angel's gift.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ Mum, Nana (the first Kate Barr) and I ..~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ A picture which has the Awwww factor !
Hi Folks,

I've just had a look at Judy's site and read her blog about women wearing aprons, now I don't know why but my Mum never ( in my memory ) wore an apron, but I do remember my Nan wearing aprons, the ones that you put over your head and they had material which covered the sides and front of their work dresses and ties which were then secured at the back. Blimey I remember one year at secondary school in Domestic Science Class we had to sew an apron - Oh how I ' hated' sewing - too pernickety for me, I preferred to go to the Art, English or History classes...

Talking about things women wore in times gone by, my Nan used to wear an awful lot of black she seemed to wear black most of the time, it was pretty much like a kind of uniform (as can be seen in the photo above). I calculated that she would only have been 58 when these photos were taken which is amazing really when you think about how women of that age dress today.
I went to the the Market yesterday to see what I could find in the way of extra items to put in my grandchildrens bags for Christmas and I did manage to get a few things which will add to their 'swag'. I took my camera thinking I could catch some good shots of the madness which is 'The Market' (having got the hint from June's blog in the morning). Unfortunately I forgot that I stayed in Scotland where we have four seasons in one day and by the time I had put me jacket on and lifted bag and car keys the rain had started - and there it stayed ! my camera also stayed within the confines of my bag too ! arrrrghghhh ..... never mind, can do it another day !
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
I was reading yesterdays paper and came across this item which kind of unsettled me a bit, Flaming Nora, how would you like this experience ?

"We picked up a hire car at Alicante airport and set off along the N-332 Alicante to Cartagena road to Playa Flamenca. Outside Torreveja traffic slowed down to a crawl. Suddenly I heard the screeching of tyres and a car ploughed into the back of me. No-one was injured and insurance details were exchanged. The car was still driveable and we continued to our destination without further ado. A few days later we took a trip along the N-332 into Torreveja and, as we left Playa Flamenca, we saw a car we assumed had been in a collision or broken down. As we got a closer about 10 people in balaclavas jumped out and pointed guns at the car. One of the men jumped in front of our car and demanded we stop. My wife and I began to panic. Were we about to be robbed - or worse? As our hearts raced in anticipation, the masked guy simply waved us on. When we drove past the car that was blocking the road we saw a man slumped actoss the bonnet, hands handcuffed behind his back and two of the hooded people pointing their guns at him. You've no idea how glad we were to get away ! I asked around that night but no-one had heard anything about an incident. Back home, I found on-line footage of a drugs bust on the A7 toll road in Spain with the arresting officers wearing the same balaclavas."
That's what you call ' justice' ......... In 'this' country (U.K.)

Recently an air stewardess stole £100,000 worth of donations from a charity and the judge fined her £13,000 imposed a two-year suspended sentence and 200 hours of unpaid work. The judge's decision and performance was absolutely unforgivable - who says crime doesn't pay? Murderers sentenced to a 'life sentence' are out of prison within 5-10 years, which makes our justice system a joke and a laughing stock throughout the world.
Sad state of affairs isn't it ?

No wonder asylum seekers are trying all sorts of tricks to enter the U.K. with our lax laws and courts and people being able to lead a 'social security' lifestyle without too much hassle. It is well known that a lot of people will have trekked through God knows how many countries in Europe to get to U.K. and once they get here, they manage to screw the system as much as possible. They then have arrived at the Land of Milk and Honey . I'm not saying all immigrants have done this but there are one hell of lot of them who have . The crazy and maddening thing is there are a lot of honest people who arrive here ready to work for a better life for their families and unfortunately the others get them a bad name.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
I have just re-read this post and I feel like giving meself a ruddy shake so - have a look at this one I received this morning...
That Little Penny
When I see a penny in the parking lot I always pick them up and give it to the person I'm with or the next person I see - with the wee saying - "See a penny pick it up and all that day you'll have good luck - so, Good Luck " ! This was the only wee story concerning pennies found on the ground I had heard - until this one and I must admit I like this version too !
I found a penny today laying on the ground. But it's not just a penny, This little coin I've found. 'Found' pennies come from heaven, that's what my Grandpa told me. He said Angels toss them down. Oh, how I loved that story. He said when an Angel misses you, they toss a penny down; Sometimes just to cheer you up, To make a smile out of your frown. So, don't pass by that penny when you're feeling blue. It may be a penny from heaven That an Angel's tossed to you. So now pass this on to people you care about and who you feel are Angels to you. I just did. An Angel is now watching over you. Have A Great Day! 'Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today' ...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~

AWWWWW... Now that's more like it, Cheers folks, Love Kate xxx.