A Walk and Two Funnies./ P.C. Problems...


Hi Folks,


Having a bit of a walk the other day I saw ahead of me a family who had been walking in a wooded area of the park. Perhaps the Mum had been explaining the seasons to her children, because her son, aged about four, suddenly started running through piles of brown and yellow leaves, kicking them into the air. He yelled and laughed as he dashed around with leaves raining down around him.
I had to admire his enthusiasm, while the rest of us are still moaning about the *dreich summer this little fellow was getting alll excited about Autumn. Now I don't recommend running around, kicking up a storm of leaves - it might get us older ones some distinctly funny looks. But sharing a little of the wee boy's excitement might be no bad thing.

Autumn has plenty of charms of its own, so let's not sit about miserable rueing the summer that never happened. Let's get out in nature's glory and - like my young friend - find something to shout about !
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
My Cousin Maggie hates flying, she hasn't had a particularly had a bad experience in the air , but all of these strange noises - bumps, thumps, shudders and judders - scare the hell out of her. So she wasn't looking forward to her flight to Prague to an important conference last week.

When I met her the day after she got back I was expecting her to tell me how her flights were and she gave me an entirely unexpected answer- "Brilliant!" How come? She'd ended up sitting next to an off-duty pilot on the way there. He's talked her through all the noises and wobbles for the whole journey.

On the way back Maggie knew what was going on and didn't feel nearly as jumpy. It looks like her fear may have been conquered. It just shows you sometimes help comes when we least expect it - even 30,000 feet up.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
~ Now a couple of laughs from John's Postbag .

Two elderly women were eating breakfast in a restaurant one morning. Ethel noticed something funny about Mabel's ear and she said, ''Mabel, do you know you've got a suppository in your left ear?' Mabel answered, 'I have a suppository in my ear?' She pulled it out and stared at it. Then she said, 'Ethel, I'm glad you saw this thing. Now I think I know where to find my hearing aid.'
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards. One day they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, 'Now don't get mad at me. I know we've been friends for a long time.....but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is.' Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, 'How soon do you need to know?'
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
THE SENILITY PRAYER Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.


Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather - Love, Kate xxx.

* Dreich = dull, wet and miserable...
Talking about miserable, I will need to give my p.c. system a bit of a rest as it has been giving me problems and I'm hoping that giving it a rest will help - somehow. If it doesn't help anything I will have to shell out some 'spondulux' on a new system and you know what they say about tight-wad Scottish people - hehehehe... I know, I shouldn't really perpetuate the myth that Scottish people are tight with money - it's really our downstairs neighbours that are tight - right ? hehehehe.... Only kidding folks !
I'll give it a couple of days and if nought is helping, then I'll contact my engineer to see what he says - in the meantime, I will just say that 'normal service will be resumed as soon as possible ' .
Cheers for now from the land of the Tartan and the Heather - Love Kate xxx.