Presents for Folk with everything and A Feel Good Tale.

A DAY CLOCK ... What day is today? You don't know? Then you need a Day Clock. It's uniquely designed to keep track of weekly events like your golf day, card night, movie night, and so much more. It's ideal for vacations and cruises when it's easy to lose track of the day.

Hi Folks,


Well then, how about any of these brilliant inventions for your Christmas Present eh ? Ahem, I thought not - me neither ! I reckon it will just have to be jewellery and smelly things again then I suppose hehehe... Mind you I quite liked the idea of 'The Thing' although thinking about it I would really need the baby to go with it. Oh I would so like to have another baby in the family again, a wee coo-ering, cuddling lovely wee Johnson's Talcum Powdered baby... Oh that makes me feel so broody.........

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Rachel Allan was born 15 weeks premature, measuring just 10 inches long and weighing just a mere 1lb. 9oz. Her first three weeks of life were spent in an incubator at the Simpson Memorial Maternity Hospital in Edinburgh where she was given oxygen and steroids. It was only after she came out that her parents, Joan and Martin, could hold their daughter for the first time.

She also had to undergo an operation to repair her sight, just one of several setbacks to be overcome. The newborn remained in Simpson's for four months. While the family praised all the staff they always singled out the skill and dedication of the consultant neonatologist. Dr Ian Laing for helping Rachel pull through.

Over the years Rachel has gone fron strength to strength, and recently she celebrated her 18th birthday with a party for close family and friends. But during the revelries the birthday girl looked out of the window and was stunned to see a familiar figure approaching.

It was - Dr Ian Laing. A year previously Rachel had emailed Dr Laing at the hospital and they'd met up for the first time in 17 years. What she didn't know was that her dad Martin, had contacted the doctor again and invited him to be her surprise birthday guest. Shocked to see him, Rachel burst into tears of happiness and gratitude. He was one of those who gave her the best present she could have asked for - life !
Awww... I just love a 'feel-good' story.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

I had heard the term 'Dust if you must' before, but I had never heard the whole story until I received it in an email the other day - so I'm including it here. Enjoy - I did...
Subject: Housework

Remember...a layer of dust protects the Wood beneath it.
'A house becomes a home when you can write 'I love you' on the furniture .' I used to spend at least 8 hours every weekend making sure things were just perfect - 'in case someone came over' Finally I realized one day that no-one came over; they were all out living life and having fun! NOW, when people visit, I don't have to explain the 'condition' of my home . They are more interested in hearing about the things I've been doing while I was away living life and having fun. If you haven't figured this out yet, please heed this advice. Life is short. Enjoy it!
Dust if you must ....... but wouldn't it be better to paint a picture or write a letter, bake a cake and lick the spoon or plant a seed, ponder the difference between want and need !
Dust if you must, but there's not much time . . . . with wine to drink , rivers to swim and mountains to climb , music to hear and books to read, friends to cherish and life to lead.
Dust if you must, but the world's out there with the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair, a flutter of snow, a shower of rain. This day will never come around, again.
Dust if you must , but bear in mind, old age will come and it's not kind. . . And when you go - and go you must - you, yourself will make more dust!
It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.


Cheers from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Love Kate xxx