Memories/A Poem/A baby called Gracie...

Hi Folks,



Quite by chance Emily met someone who remembered he from when she was little. "Oh yes," the older woman said. "You were the girl who was always fighting!"

Emily was horrified. She'd moved away from that area almost 40 years ago and this, it seemed was how she was remembered. Had she really been so awful?".

A sense of guilt gnawed at Emily for days, until she decided to confess all to her Mum. Mum remembered and added to Emily's embarrassment by confirming she had been in a few scuffles back then - mostly with this woman's daughter. But it was almost always to prevent the other girl, who was a bit of a bully, from picking on smaller kids.

Well, that made a difference. Emily went from thinking of her younger self as a bit of a tearaway, to actually being a little proud of the girl she used to be. Sometimes seeing ourselves as others see us isn't all it's cracked up to be. As Emily found out, we need to see both sides.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

I saw this poem in Jo's site and thought it lovely, so in order to spread more beauty around this part of Blogland I was compelled to print it here too. By the way it's another one which has no name credited to it - which is a great pity.

My Special Place.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

There is a special place in life That needs my humble skill. A certain job I'm meant to do that no one else can fill. The time will be demanding the pay is not too good, and I wouldn't change it for a moment, even if I could.

There is a special place in life, a goal I must attain, A dream that I must follow, because I won't be back again. There is a mark that I must leave, however small it seems to be. A legacy of love for those, who follow after me.

There is a special place in life, that only I may share, a little path that bears my name, awaiting me somewhere, there is a hand that I must hold A word that I must say - A smile that I must give for there are tears to blow away.

There is a special place in life that I was meant to fill, a sunny spot where flowers grow upon a windy hill. There's always a tomorrow and the best is yet to be, for somewhere in this world, I know there's a place for me.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Now isn't that really a touching verse - and a fitting way to finish - especially as in Jo's blog today she speaks of a wee baby called Gracie which coincidentally is my surname. This baby girl is just two months old and suffering from a complaint called Lissencephaly (Smooth Brain Syndrome), and apparently this means that she is very unlikely to live past 2 years of age.

This is one of these things that makes me, along with many thousands of other folks no doubt, rail against the unfairness of some folks lives, their lives seem to be knocked over and pushed aside leaving some innocent souls hurting badly and causing so much unhappiness. Jo asked that thoughts and prayers go out to the wee one's family. Who knows, this might even cause prayer to circle around the world, resulting in a miracle - let's hope so.


With Love from the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Kate xxx.