Another Award / James's Story / Funnie

Hi Folks,

My friend Judy, from The other side of the hill has once again presented this blog with an award for being a 'Brilliante' one - Now, who am I to argue hehe... Thank you so much Judy . Just in case some of you don't know, Judy is one of the nicest and most prolific commenters and readers of blogs in Blogland - how she manages it - goodness knows, she is absolutely amazing and always manages to say the most encouraging things.
Now the next thing is to pass on seven 'Brilliante Weblog' awards - I just 'love' passing out pressies (probably 'cos I 've never grown up - I was never a school monitor in Primary school so I didn't get to give out the wee bottles of milk - was never a teacher's pet you see ).

'Brilliante Weblogs'

Judy Patooote......... Grumpyoldwoman.........Grammy of 13 .........Belleek ........... grandma faith... Little Drops into the Pool of Life......... Britt-Arnhild's House in the Woods..

Please collect your award, copy it to your side-bar because you all deserve them and in turn please pass it on to seven others. These awards are going to have to be the last ones as, like June in Australia and Judy in Kentucky I am stopping the awards as I am finding too that it is taking up so much of my time . This means that I'm not able to spend very much of my P.C. time actually doing Blogging - which I absolutely love. So, sorry folks - just make sure you keep the awards in a nice cool place out of sunlight and dampness etc. 'cos you want to be able to sell them on as antiques in years to come - don't ya?

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Talking about school reminds me of a friend of ours who started his teacher training course a couple of weeks ago, I bumped into him the other day. I've known him since he was a schoolboy and as we chatted about his course one thing really intrigued me.

Neither his parents, nor any members of his family, are teachers or even connected with education, so what I wondered had drawn him to that path ? James reminded me of a difficult period he went through when he was a teenager. He'd fallen in with a wild crowd and developed quite an attitude. His schoolwork started to suffer, but James acted like he didn't care - mainly to impress his new mates, as he now admits. Luckily James's English teacher, Mrs. MacDonald, wasn't the type to be fooled by his posturing. But she was not the kind of teacher who resorted to giving James a hard time - instead she used something much more powerful - inspiration.

Through the force of her character and her passion for the subject she was teaching she managed to change James's attitude over the course of the school year. By the time the summer holidays came around he was a changed boy, and had a passion for English that has lasted to this day. "So that's why I'm training to be an English teacher. Perhaps if there are kids like I was I can 'do a Mrs MacDonald' on them and change their lives, too." I think James will make a success of his job as a teacher .

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

I got this funnie in an email this morning and I hope no one is offended by it ...

There once was a religious young woman who went to Confession . Upon entering the confessional, she said, 'Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.' The priest said, 'Confess your sins and be forgiven.'The young woman said, 'Last night my boyfriend made mad passionate love to me seven times.'The priest thought long and hard and then said, 'Squeeze seven lemons into a glass and then drink the juice.' The young woman asked, 'Will this cleanse me of my sins? 'The priest said, 'No, but it will wipe that smile off of your face.'




Lots of Love from Scotland the land of the Tartan and the Heather, Kate xxx.