Lilypads, Moaning and a Weepy Story...

Hi Folks,

Have you ever felt like living on an island which you could move about - following the sun ? Well the reality of that dream has arrived in the form of what the guy who set it up as being a 'lilypad' Oh Boy ! what a life that would be - what do you think ? Have a decco, it looks a fantastic idea.

At the moment it is 'parked, tied up or anchored' off the coast of the south of France, which is just the place to be. It does kind of look like a lilypad too .

At the moment I am sitting here looking out of my window at the pouring rain - which, according to the forecast is set to continue for several days arrggghh.... Why does it always do this at the start of the school children's holidays ? poor kids. Blimey, memories of the hopes of doing all sorts of things and having adventures during the long holidays just seemed to fade into oblivion when you looked out of the window to see dollops of liquid pouring out of the sky.... Ah I do remember it so well!

I must admit that the rain doesn't half make me feel down, depressed and thoroughly fed up, here comes the moaning part... I heard on the news Mrs. Cynthia Rodrigues, the wife of New York Yankees star Rod is moaning about Madonna 'stealing' her husband - OK I understand she is hurting at the moment , but let's face it no-one can steal anyone if they don't want to go..... As one who has been in that position, I do know it feels however, I must admit any blame in respect of my ex-husband's behavour was always centred firmly at him - not at the object of his desire. After all , it was him who had behaved abominally and not been honest enough to let me know he was unhappy, not his girlfriend, she had not promised to love honour and whatsit, he had ...

The last part of this entry belongs to a wee story I read recently (one of the Francis Gay stories - which I love, but which as often as not turn on my facial water works).. This is a two hankie job - mind you, it just depends on your feelings at the time . Hope you enjoy it - I did.........

There's a little cardboard box that sits on Harry's bedside table. I might never have seen it if I hadn't been helping him to move house recently. The box is pale blue, a bit tatty and nondescript. It looks like a shoebox but it's only the size of a matchbox.

As I cheared the table I picked up the box and gave it a gentle shake, expecting to hear a pair of cufflinks or some such rattling inside. But there was no noise. It was empty, Or that's what I thought until Harry put me right.

He told me with a twinkle in his eye that his wife Flora, had "sealed a kiss" inside the box one Valentine's Day as a bit of a joke and given it to him. Harry kept it in a drawer but when Flora died a few years ago he put the box, unopened, on the bedside table and there it has remained ever since.

It's a constant reminder of the wife he loved so much. Will he ever open it and get his "kiss", I wondered? "Oh Yes," he replied with a far-off look. "I will open it one day." I think I know when Harry is planning to open it. And I'm willing to bet that shortly afterwards he'll find Flora again and get another of her kisses - one he's waited for all these years..... AWWWWW.....



Cheers and Love'n Stuff - Kate xxx.