Serums on 'Old' Faces...


Hi folks,

Oh my gosh ! Do I feel ancient, Oh I know I kid about and make comments about being old and all that but Gee whizz ! All of a sudden I look in the mirror (or even worse as you are passing a shop window) and suddenly an 'old woman looks out at you'.... Hells bells, I mean 63 isn't 'old' - is it ? don't you dare say yes ! although after our wee sojourn down through the wilds of England I ruddy well feel like Methuselah...

Especially when I have keyed into the blog in the last few days, I can't help but notice a flippen photograph of a few folk grinning like 'numpties' at the receptionist of the hotel, who took the piccie. Where has the time gone ? when I last looked into the mirror (well properly anyway- with my glasses on) I had white hair certainly, but some of it had a bit of grey in it - and all these craters and time lines weren't there, I'm sure they weren't - were they ? argghhh.....

I called into Boots to check out the line serums that they sell now to ancients to attempt to halt the ravages of time in the female face... I'm so scunnert (old Scottish word for being totally pig-sick). I spent good money on one of the expensive ones and spoke to my friend on the phone last night who told me that she had been fooled into thinking that it was the best thing since sliced bread too. She had been using it for the required period of 28 days (so the manufacturers say) and has seen no difference. She also had seen the Gok Wan programme on the TV who, through his models in his programme had said that one of the cheapest creams on the market turned out to be the best for the appearance of lines... She had also tried this one too, what's a woman to do - just ruddy well sink into oblivion and turn into a dried up old prune? OOOhh it is so unfair for men to age with lines and still look good.

Oh what the 'hay' I will just have to age disgracefully and to 'hang' with the lines. In future, so that I will not be shocked by my 'face craters' again , will just resist the opportunity of getting my photos taken.

I went to the Dentist yesterday, got a front tooth out and plate in and by the way, while the D was at it, he thought he would tidy up my gob by doing a couple of 'wee' fillings and a clean and scale - by the time night-time came I was climbing the wall in pain/discomfort etc... Was also advised by him that I should remove the said plate at night and replace it again in the morning - erm... am now thinking about the replacing of the said implement and crapping it...

Just had a quick re-read of the foregoing moans and decided that I should shut my gob and just get on with it ... So, if anyone is still reading thank you for your patience and hopefully my next wee message with be full of the joys of life - in the meantime I will attempt to 'hang loose' as it were...

Cheers everyone - Love 'n Stuff, Kate xxx.
P.S. The Photo above is 10 years old - what a difference 10 years makes Eh?