Diabetes and other complaints....


Hi Folks,
< Have a laugh , translations freely available...

I was visiting my wee sister (youngest I mean 'cos we're both the same size - well nearly) anyway, back to business she was diagnozed with diabetes last year and is normally one for keeping to diets, taking pills when ya should and following Doctor's instructions etc. I wonder why it is that there is sooo much diabetes these days ( but I'll leave that for some other time ) back to my subject, my brain is losing cells by the minute here !
Shall I start again ? she has been keeping to her diet faithfully and according to all the hundreds of tests that she has had to endure in regard to the diabetes she was told - among other things that her cholesterol etc and everything was too high - OK so far ? Now she normally shops at Tesco down in the wilds of Dumfries and they had a 'special' on Lurpak Lighter Spreadable Butter ie. I think it was buy one - get one free. She being a good Scottish housewife bought a supply enough to last until the expiry date in other words. Around about the same time she was delivered of a beautiful bread maker and so she was taking advantage of lovely home made bread and gorgeous Pate at the same period of time (which had also been on special offer)....

We have partaken of the home made bread a couple of times when we visited and I can assure anybody that these bread makers are 'THE' most wonderful thing ever invented and I would, if there was a possibility of fairies at the bottom of our garden - or - if I had the services of a genie at my disposal , personally handcuff him to my kitchen sink and blackmail him into spiriting up a magical machine which could enlarge out teeny weeny Kitchen in order to make it about 4 feet bigger in order that I could have a bread maker of my very own . The only problem would be that by doing this my weight would rise by such an enormous amount that my dress size would jump from 18/20 up to 24/26 . I don't think I should punish our downstairs neighbours by them having to listen to me walking about in and around our flat across our very inadequately sound proofed floor and therefore above their heads..........

Oh! I never told you the punch line of my wee sister's latest visit to have her cholesterol tested after all her home made bread, pate and spreadable butter instead of using her usual 'Flora' non fattening ( low in all sort of fats etc.) Her cholesterol rate instead of rising, had been lowered by 2 points and is now 3.7 instead of the much higher figure... as well as that, she lost 6 lbs. in weight ! So there you are, go figure !!

I will halt this Epistle and now get the kettle on 'cos you have no idea how talking about food has helped my appetite.

Cheers and Love to All, Kate xxx.