Brief Encounters...

Hello Folks,

I have been trying to catch up with the posts on some of my favourite Blogs and have just come across an entry about something logged in on Past Imperfect by Pat it jogged my memory somewhat, Pat had been speaking of a brief encounter of many years ago and the reading of this also made me think also of something which I had not thought about in years.

The encounter I am going to relate is one which I'm sure took place and yet there are some times when I wonder if it really did happen. It was over forty years ago and although it was so long ago it still seems as real as when it happened, if indeed it did....

I had just come home for lunch from work and I needed to collect some paperwork for the bank as I had to call there before returning to the Hospital where I worked in the Office . I was in a bit of a hurry and quickly locked the front door and ran out of the entryway to the close. I was so quick that I didn't see someone running in the opposite direction. You can guess what happened - we bumped into one another and then we apologised and she said something to me that made me 'stop and stare at her' ..... I heard her say "You have been told that you won't be able to have children recently, but don't believe it ! If you pray to Saint Jude it will happen " Well ! after I gathered my thoughts and realised what had happened and had a look around I realized that I was standing there on my own - I could not see her anywhere ....

As background to the foregoing I must admit that I had been told just previously that I would not be able to have children, this news had been very hard to take and I won't go into the reasons why it was not possible for me to give birth but it was indeed medically impossible. As far as St Jude was concerned I found out just after this that she is apparently the Saint who is the one which helps people with 'the impossible causes' I made it my business to find out you see just after my meeting with my 'Messenger'.

Now, all these years later I can look at my two sons whom we adopted and in turn their kids - my Grandchildren of whom I am so proud - I wonder if she was indeed a 'Messenger' to let me know that something would happen so that I would be able to have a family even although it seemed to be hopeless and impossible . I haven't even mentioned my D.O.'s three children who joined us when we got married 10 years ago - this brought a further four grandchildren into my life.

Did it really happen ? I do wonder at times if I had been dreaming - It definitely was a very important subject to me - I always was one of these children who loved babies and children from I was very young and the thought of 'not' having kids in my life filled me with emptyness and dread. Being the eldest of five children I was used to caring for the 'wee ones' - never mind my gathering of dolls and 'Teddy' ( as seen in the photograph) ...

There is a saying that kept going through my addled brain while I was typing this post and I couldn't quite get a handle on it. It is this quote "There is more in Heaven and Earth Horatio than are dreamt of in your philosophy". I think it just about covers the foregoing.

Lots of Love Kate xxx.

P.S. Blimey, I never thought I would ever be able to quote Shakespeare ...