More from Beirut

(I believe these legs/feet belong to VV and Hotel from The Kills, but I'm not sure...)

I have a proper post in the works, but until then, I give you these liner notes from Flying Club Cup:

The balloon is ready, I’ve tethered it to the balcony with a knot no sailor could invent. Ignore the gathering crowd below. Plebeians! Maybe if we look closely we will find our mothers waving handkerchiefs, and our fathers scowling. If we see any children we’ll throw them candy but don’t tell them why we’re up here, floating above Belleville in a hot air balloon. If they knew, they’d never want to sleep in their own beds again.

Remember how we met? Barefoot on the beach (the hem of your dress was starched white with salt). I was flying a beautiful kite. Yours was ragged and obviously self made. After a few failed attempts you threw your kite on the sand and stomped on it. I wondered if it was your first kite. Kite making, you assured me, was not your specialty. But we are too old for kites. Let us toast the Flying Club Cup, our health, a quick painless death, and helium.

I’m going to sleep so well tonight
Breathe in, deeply now, okay do you feel it?
Don’t worry, we’re finally here.